Prestigious Southern California oceanfront community.
Welcome to Laguna BeachLaguna Beach is one of the most renowned luxury oceanfront communities in the world. Boasting seven miles of unparalleled Southern California coastline in prestigious Orange County, its pristine white sand beaches, breathtaking cliffs, and quaint coves have inspired generations with their beauty. In fact, Laguna Beach is also well-known for its vibrant art scene including local galleries and shops, the Laguna Playhouse, and a full calendar of events and festivals throughout the year.
What to Love
- Breathtaking oceanfront location
- art and cultural scene
- Highly-ranked schools
- Unparalleled luxury real estate
People & Lifestyle
Orange County’s beauty and proximity to Hollywood has also made Laguna Beach a destination for actors and actresses. Bette Midler famously owned a home here, which she named “The Norman House” thanks to its French Norman tower that had stairs circling down to the beach.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
Things to Do in Laguna BeachWhether you’re looking for a weekend retreat or a way to entertain guests, here are some of the top things to do and see in Laguna Beach:
- Heisler Park. Stretching along the bluffs of Cliff Drive from Aster Street to Diver’s Cove, this beautiful oceanfront park has walking trails, a marine refuge with tide pools, lush gardens, and more. Families enjoy the picnic tables, lawn bowling greens, and grills that are available for public use.>
- Crystal Cove State Park. Crystal Cove State Park is known for its rolling surf, clean sandy beaches, and tidepools. Additionally, the gently rolling hills, deeply wooded canyons, and breathtaking ridges provide a beautiful backdrop and welcome contrast to its urban surroundings. Located just off of the beautiful Pacific Coast Highway, Crystal Cove stands as one of Orange County’s largest examples of seashore and open space.
- Aliso Beach Park. Aliso Beach, along with most of Southern California, is home to world-class water sports. Visitors enjoy swimming, skimboarding, surfing, skin-diving, paddleboarding, sunbathing, and more. Explore the tidepools, watch families build sand castles, and don’t miss the tot-lot that is provided for children.
- Thomas Studios. Thomas Studios brings a new approach to the traditional art gallery. Located in beautiful downtown Laguna Beach, Thomas Studios is an art gallery and experiential home showroom inspired by the gorgeous Pacific coast. The gallery is home to contemporary, ocean wildlife, and wood wave sculptures as well as other ocean and surf art, contemporary furniture, Mid-Century modern furniture, glass blown lighting, modern lighting, and more.
- Pageant of the Masters. This is one of the most popular local events, held annually in Laguna Beach. The festival is known for its “living pictures” in which both classical and contemporary works of art are recreated by living people who are made up to look like the original works of art through the use of costumes, makeup, props, and more. The first pageant was presented in 1933 and has been held each summer since (aside only from a 4-year interruption due to World War II).
- Pacific Marine Mammal Center. Home to a number of marine animals, the mission of the Pacific Marine Mammal Center is to rescue, rehab, release, and research. A among kids and adults alike, there are a number of programs specially tailored toward children, including after-school programs, Girl Scout programs, Youth Ambassador programs, and educational classroom programs.
SchoolsLaguna Beach is widely recognized for its outstanding school district throughout Orange County and the rest of California. With a clear focus on student learning, students in Laguna Beach experience the best teaching and learning strategies based on sound research and continued professional development.
- El Morro Elementary School, K-5
- Laguna Beach High School, 9-12
- St. Catherine of Siena Parish School, K-8 (Private)
- Thurston Middle School, 6-8